Ubisoft has released information about the post launch plans for it’s highly anticipated game Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival, the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic, the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging, and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can create a lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature that will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Season 1 and subsequent seasons will also come with new player skills and abilities; weapons and gear; and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse, and raven.
Season 2, also free to all players, will follow on March 2021, and will also include free content including a new combat-oriented game mode, a Jomsviking update, and Settlement festivals, along with new gear and cosmetic items. Details on Season 3 will be revealed at a later date, but Season 2 isn’t the only content coming in 2021.
Two major expansions will be coming to the game in 2021 as part of their season pass.
Expansion One is called ‘Wrath of the Druids’ in Spring 2021
Wrath of the Druids will take players to Ireland and explore the Druid cult.
Tracking and discovering their members. Delving into the Gaelic myths and folklore.
Expansion Two is called ‘The Siege of Paris’ arriving summer 2021.
Players will relive an exciting time in Viking history by infiltrating the Paris and the River Seine.
Free seasonal content will also be released for all players Season Pass holders starting in December.
This includes in game events like the Viking Yule Festival and new game modes and settlement buildings.
Learn more on the official site: