Berlin based indie developer October Knight Games released a reveal trailer for their Digital RPG game October Night Games, a Cosmic Horror digital board game.
The game will be coming to Steam soon and the team launched a Kickstarter to help push the game to the end of it’s development.
In October Night Games you play one of two varieties of Cultist, one trying to save the world or one who sets out to turn the world over to the old gods.
Brew potions, search the town for ingredients and conduct summoning rituals. All while keeping town folk and monsters at bay.
Be a Witch or a Monk or many more all while having a minion or two at your side. You have 30 days to ensure victory.
The game combines procedural generation for it’s narrative and you can play solo or online with up to 5 friends.
- Unique narrative arcs: Enjoy a spooky procedurally generated narrative that generates random events, inspired by the likes of H.P Lovecraft, Bram Stoker and real-life magic.
- Dastardly characters: Pick your own character, ranging from a mad monk, to vampires, witches and more. Each packs unique abilities such as astral projection and the ability to drain life.
- An Eldritch pet: Select your familiar, such as a loyal dog, a gossiping bat or a grass snake with the gift of alchemy.
- Social deduction: Work out who is friend or foe. Each side will have its one wand Holder, Book Master and Lamp Bearer.
- Cursed combat: Fight off ghouls and angry townsfolk using a unique dice combat system, and perhaps even capture a minion or potential sacrifice.
- Stay alive: Keep your health, sanity and reputation intact – or there will be terrible consequences.
- Solo and multiplayer: Mix of competitive and cooperative play, hex your enemies and aid those you believe to be on your side.
- Atmospheric: Enjoy vintage hand-tinted silent movie aesthetics and an old school horror style soundtrack.
- Multiple replays: the combination of characters, familiars and allegiances is randomly generated with each game, along with the procedurally generated story.