The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos a quirky tactical roleplaying game from Artefacts studio and publisher Dear Villagers (ScourgeBringer and Recompile) announced today that the game has been pushed back to September 17th to add additional polish and to add additional dialog content.
To perhaps soften the blow for those who were expecting it to release on August 27th, they have released a new trailer showing off three new playable characters.
- The Paladin: Rude, strong and fair
- Able to inflict and receive damage, she’s an excellent fighter!
- The Minstrel: Precious, annoying and enthusiastic
- He uses his music to offer support to the rest of the group.
- The Priestess: Arrogant, venal and pragmatic.
- Her faith makes her an expert healer, ideal for the most reckless groups!
With a voice cast that includes Felicia Day (The Guild, Geek and Sundry, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) the game hopes to bring to the market a unique yet solid addition to the tactical RPG field.
The game actually started as an audio comedy series that took a comedic swipe at tabletop gaming and hero tropes.
- Explore a huge and surprising dungeon from the cave up to the luxury quarters of the evil lord Zangdar, passing through the goblin ice skating park and an extremely lively tavern!
- Play with seven classic role-playing game characters complementing each other’s skills as you level them up: the Ranger, the Elf, the Dwarf, the Barbarian, the Magician, the Ogre and the Thief!
- Exciting turn-based battles, with creative support mechanics between team members.
- An expansive bestiary (more than 100 enemies!) pushing you to think more tactically with every fight.
- Hidden and destructive objects (including beer kegs) with surprising status effects will turn the tide of battle for the better…or worse!
- An adaptive difficulty system: from an accessible and fun story mode with simplified combat to the “nightmare mode” where the smallest tactical errors will lead you to your doom!
- Bizarre conversations, absurd situations and unusual encounters await!